Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The End

I initially created this blog when I was deeply involved in the PLUG, and its initial goal was to do for Bionicle what TechnicBRICKs had done for Technic, creating a simple yet complex platform for LEGO fans to access and read on interesting builds and techniques using this line in particular. It seems that once more, I overestimated my capability to work on a project, and this blog never had more than 2 posts.

Now, Bionicle is going to disappear.

It will be replaced sure, but perhaps one of the reasons this blog never took flight was that for me Bionicle was not about the building. It was about the story. About a complex yet understandable story, with characters built out of LEGO, and with a huge and rich universe. It was a story that accompanied me across my teenage years, and two days ago, when I discovered that it was going to end, I found myself empty. It's like losing a long time friend. A friend which cultivated in me passions and habits that I'll never lose.

So, why did I post this? One last post in a forgotten blog? I think it was because shutting down a door is always a bad option if I do not leave something behind. A trail of breadcrumbs if you would. Something for a late RSS reader or a click on a forgotten signature in a forum somewhere to reveal. I can always hope.

I have more to say. Much, much more. But I don't think I can say it like this, all at once, nor properly. I've followed my example here, and now started a real blog. A blog meant for me to turn my life around and do for myself what Bionicle taught me:

Unity

Duty

Destiny

No comments: